• Welcome to Pelicar Fantasy RPG Forum.

The PC’s weren’t the only one’s having fun last session.

Started by Lew, Dec 11, 2006, 05:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lew

A paraphrased conversation with the Ogre's about going helping with the assault on the knoll capital of Raazguuld.

"If you supply 1,000 warriors your war chief receives one half the loot.  We get the stones." Wes tried to summarize the tedious discussions of the last two hours.
   "Yes, the stones.  You Pats and the dog men are all stones.  They are great magic, ours as well."
   "You have stone?"  Several questers attempted the same calm response.  Eyes innocently went every direction looking for the stone, guards and exits from the chief's long house.
   "It's probably just a gemstone," Lyra spoke in Gnome.  "Can you use this great magic great chief?"
   "We are not stupid, we can make drink to give us great vision and hearing."  The chief answered proudly.
   "Party time," Byron muttered.
   Dennis spoke up hastily to forestall anything too hasty.  "We could buy that from you.  We could make you very wealthy."
   "You are already promising to make me rich.  Raazguuld will make us all rich.  Such magic as the stone cannot be bought, we are strong like you Pats and like those dog men.  We will be allies 50/50"
   By now Byron was in a shadow and Jed was leaning against a wall to test its strength.  Dennis was close to Moses, wondering if he had any clue what was about to happen.
   In an unusually booming voice, Ted spoke up.  "You know!" he wandered around the room drawing as much attention to him self as possible.  "The Stones will shift the balance!  With the stones united with us the Knolls have no chance!  With the stone here, all might fail!  The gods will be displeased and all will be lost!"  With the last, he drew in close to the chief, who had to turn uncomfortably to face him.
   "Are you mad," The chief echoed the thoughts of his guards and Moses.
   "No," Dennis dropped to a whisper, "Give up the stone you will die.  Now where is it."
   The chief stood, nearly tripping.  He looked to a heavy oak cabinet, back to Dennis, and up at his headless body with Byron standing behind it.

So many subplots

Cope

Now that's what I'm talking about............

That's how you negotiate.
We cannot banish dangers, but we can banish fears.  We must not demean life by standing in awe of death.

Fingers

Nice!  Well played!  Well, as long as you are not the Chieftan.  :worship:
Verin? (Yes?) Recant huh? (Yes.) And that really means to dispute one's word? (For the last time, YES!) See I know'd ta be scared o dem lernin books! Einstein's ta blame, always pushin everbody ta be more 'n they are! (Ugh!) I know why LB came, but why'd you? (Times are, I ask that myself. Now eat!)

Cope

Hmmm.........I think we are using these same negotiation tatics with the knolls.
We cannot banish dangers, but we can banish fears.  We must not demean life by standing in awe of death.

Fingers

That's probably the way it's gonna work, but it sure would be cool if a priest morphed into a swallow, flew in found the stones, morphed, picked up the stones, morphed back into a bird and simply flew out.  The Knolls never knowing what happened?  I know too easy, nothing ever goes that way.
Verin? (Yes?) Recant huh? (Yes.) And that really means to dispute one's word? (For the last time, YES!) See I know'd ta be scared o dem lernin books! Einstein's ta blame, always pushin everbody ta be more 'n they are! (Ugh!) I know why LB came, but why'd you? (Times are, I ask that myself. Now eat!)