News:

Jul 6, 2023 - Forum patched to version 2.1.4 | RSS2.0 Feed

Pelicar Game Website

Main Menu

Stray thought

Started by Lew, Apr 05, 2008, 02:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lew

Greer serves as a storage fascility for several employees, Krista and me among them.  Last night I was hauling some stuff down there.  As I was carrying a tub that weighed about 40 pounds, I thought man I wish I was Pink Eye.  What?  Hell, how about Einstein.  Most likely Pink Eye was still on my mind from last weekend.  Then I was trying to get broken limbs out of some of Mom's trees.  Before I go any farther.  Ya, I know 40 pounds is not a lot, but my hip has been buggin the shit out of me so shut up!

Anyway, I went on to think; which character would I want to be?  The premiss is that you keep your personality, but get all the character's status, wealth and abilities.  Also, the change is not noticed, so you don't get killed as an imposter. ;D  Strangely, I came up with Flapper.  I just wonder if most people would come up with thier own characters.  My reasoning makes me think that may not be true.  Matt and Einstein both have age issues, as does Buck.  Pink Eye would probably be my second choice, though it would be intersting dealing with his reputation.  Of course, you'd have centuries to live it all down.  This isn't necessarily limited to PC's, but that's really all I've thought about.
So many subplots

Head

Think I'd rather be someone on Buck's direct staff or household staff (which might actually be Jessica's staff really) where I live relatively well and mostly stress free and not in charge of a bunch of crap.  :)  But, I'm inherently lazy.  LOL
"Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing." - Robert Benchley
Twitter: @mrheadrick

Lew

I thought about that too.  I'm sure if I was Flapper, many of the stuff he does would be handed over to others.
So many subplots

Cope

Hmm. I wouldn't want to be Einstein. Too much pressure and then the age issue. Of my characters throughout this campaign, I would pick Thaddius (smart, young, rich, and running with the big guys)

But of all of the characters, I'd say PE. He is crazy, immature and dangerous, but thoughtful, growing and skilled.
We cannot banish dangers, but we can banish fears.  We must not demean life by standing in awe of death.

Fingers

I think Thad or PE myself? 
Verin? (Yes?) Recant huh? (Yes.) And that really means to dispute one's word? (For the last time, YES!) See I know'd ta be scared o dem lernin books! Einstein's ta blame, always pushin everbody ta be more 'n they are! (Ugh!) I know why LB came, but why'd you? (Times are, I ask that myself. Now eat!)

Dj

I dunno - I went out with PinkEye this weekend. He got me in trouble.
Thank you Mario! But our Princess is in another castle!

Fingers

But you can't deny the fun of those " my friends ain't gonna believe this shit!" moments! ;D
Verin? (Yes?) Recant huh? (Yes.) And that really means to dispute one's word? (For the last time, YES!) See I know'd ta be scared o dem lernin books! Einstein's ta blame, always pushin everbody ta be more 'n they are! (Ugh!) I know why LB came, but why'd you? (Times are, I ask that myself. Now eat!)

Dj

Well - shall I tell you about the girl I picked up out of the back of a police car this weekend...

Cope

HAHAHA....I never have any fun.
We cannot banish dangers, but we can banish fears.  We must not demean life by standing in awe of death.

Dj

That's what happens when you work too many long nights and into the weekend. Then at 10PM on Saturday, some internet chick calls you and says, let's meet at the Alley Club. Yeah, PinkEye answered the call...

Cope

You know nothing good happens after midnight....

Lew

PE's a different person every few months, we could all be him. :loco:
So many subplots

Dj

Quote from: Cope on Apr 28, 2008, 02:56:30 PM
You know nothing good happens after midnight....
That's when I got the phone call that she wasn't making it to the bar because she was in the back of a police car in Mustang...

Cope

See I told you......nothing good. She's in a police car and your left holding your cock....

Dj

PinkEye talked the cop into releasing her into my care.

I suppose your statement has some element of truth. The sun had come up on Sunday morning before the "good" happened. LOL!