News:

Jul 6, 2023 - Forum patched to version 2.1.4 | RSS2.0 Feed

Pelicar Game Website

Main Menu

New Player Requst

Started by Lew, Feb 12, 2007, 11:15:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lew

I did my first Aids Mastery Workshop as a member of the back row this weekend.  That basically means that I was more a volunteer than a participant.  It was a lot of fun.  The friends I made in college will never be equaled, well except for Krista of course, but it's a great feeling getting to know people who I normally wouldn't have a chance to interact yet.  It's funny who the bedlam rivalry is still an undercurrant with that group.  Could have something to do with the fact that all my nonwork clothes are Orange.

Friday night I thought I was having a flashback.  I met Brian about a year ago.  We've had him over with other friend to play cards a couple times, and we've spoke at other volunteer functions and parties.  Anyway he walked up to me and said something to the effect of "So, you play table top role playing games."  Anyway, he's played various games for years and is looking for a stable group.

I think he would probably fit into the group, though you can never be sure.  Protocol says to bounce it off you guys first.  Of course, it's not just about him.  There is new blood vs. cozy friends arguments.  Also, we aren't hurting for players.  If Everybody shows up, that would make seven players.

Anyway let's talk about it.  If anyone cares he's around 30, white, gay, and about were most of us are financially, if not a little higher.

So many subplots

Fingers

The more players we have the stronger the adventuring team is playing a single character each.  At least for me, playing and focusing on a single character allows for greater development and in-character role-playing as I become more in tune with who that character is.  I have a hard time getting into character when my mind is bouncing between multiple character's wants and thought processes.  A new player or two would be cool with me, we could drop to one character per person and let the fun begin.

However, everyone knows how I feel about part-time players.  If you cannot make at least 3/4 of the sessions then I'd rather not include you?  We work around everyone's schedules so I don't think asking someone to make 3 out of 4 sessions is too much to ask?  Maybe it is, but that's just my opinion.  So if someone honestly believes they can make it that often, bring em in and we'll try em out?
Verin? (Yes?) Recant huh? (Yes.) And that really means to dispute one's word? (For the last time, YES!) See I know'd ta be scared o dem lernin books! Einstein's ta blame, always pushin everbody ta be more 'n they are! (Ugh!) I know why LB came, but why'd you? (Times are, I ask that myself. Now eat!)

Dj

So long as he doesn't carry 10 flasks of explosive oil - I'm good with it.
:firedevil:
Thank you Mario! But our Princess is in another castle!

Dusty

well im pretty much anti-social so i dont know, but if he'll allow me to call him B-rie its cool i guess>

And this way maybe terry wont get the big couch all to himself all the time>>>
My future is so bright, I gotta wear sleeves....

Head

"Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing." - Robert Benchley
Twitter: @mrheadrick

Cope

In this great world of diversity, I say a gay 30 year old is exactly what we need in the group.

Actually another player or 2 would be great - gay, sraight or bi - as long as they enjoy role-playing. But hell doesn't everyone enjoy a little role playing.............
We cannot banish dangers, but we can banish fears.  We must not demean life by standing in awe of death.

Lew

I have invited Brian to play, and given him the forum address.  I don't know when he checks his e-mail or if he would have time to get online today.  I just sent him an e-mail, figured I would call him tonight.
So many subplots

Cope

Oh I also noticed you wrote that he is at or above most of us finacially. Does that mean we try the old new players buy lunch routine?  :banana: :monkey: :lol: :boobs: :pizza: :taco: :samauri_chop: :danceman: :danceman: :head_bangin: :blahblah: :coolbounce: :coolbounce: :duh: >:D
We cannot banish dangers, but we can banish fears.  We must not demean life by standing in awe of death.

Fingers

Verin? (Yes?) Recant huh? (Yes.) And that really means to dispute one's word? (For the last time, YES!) See I know'd ta be scared o dem lernin books! Einstein's ta blame, always pushin everbody ta be more 'n they are! (Ugh!) I know why LB came, but why'd you? (Times are, I ask that myself. Now eat!)

Cope

I wasn't joking..........hell I want sushi.......or maybe a steak......

Cope

Do we know if Brian is playing?

Fingers

Why?  You wanna get your order in early?  Yes, he has already rolled up a fighter mage.  Think Sam's coming too?

Cope

He has not rolled up a fighter mage. He has rolled up a character with skills sets of mellee and axiom casting.

Fingers

Smart ass, the description is easier! :P

Dj

Quote from: Cope on Feb 21, 2007, 08:24:53 AM
He has not rolled up a fighter mage. He has rolled up a character with skills sets of mellee and axiom casting.
Unless, of course, he has range weaponry...
Thank you Mario! But our Princess is in another castle!