News:

Jul 6, 2023 - Forum patched to version 2.1.4 | RSS2.0 Feed

Pelicar Game Website

Main Menu

Most memorable campaign moments

Started by Lew, May 02, 2008, 08:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cope

I don't think should leave out the current campaign - I feel that the whole resurrection and then the unexpected outcomes might affect a campaign in a larger way than any 1 decision has ever affected a campaign world. We just don't know yet..... 
We cannot banish dangers, but we can banish fears.  We must not demean life by standing in awe of death.

Lew

It is intesting how it has worked out.  So far the clan has absorbed the impact.  The war against the Hessians helped a lot, it put people in a good state of mind.  As long as people are happy most of them don't really care about external issues, but if anything bad happens it could snowball in a hurry.  From a normal Stoner's point of view, a lot of odd things have happened with the elites lately.
So many subplots

Fingers

How could we forget Dusty's brilliance!  Playing two characters, Elfette and Nay-Nay.  Elfette does not like Nay-Nay so she slips a fertility potion into Nay'Nay's drink, thus getting her pregnant so that she cannot travel with the group!  Way to sabotage your own character!  One of my favs!
Verin? (Yes?) Recant huh? (Yes.) And that really means to dispute one's word? (For the last time, YES!) See I know'd ta be scared o dem lernin books! Einstein's ta blame, always pushin everbody ta be more 'n they are! (Ugh!) I know why LB came, but why'd you? (Times are, I ask that myself. Now eat!)

Cope

Actually Elfette would be a formidable character in PS today. The lines of power have shifted, the group isn't as tight, and there is plenty of grey area to play in......
We cannot banish dangers, but we can banish fears.  We must not demean life by standing in awe of death.

Dj

PinkEye and Elfette actually have done some "loose co-operative" efforts...but this is off subject. Sorry for hi-jacking.
Thank you Mario! But our Princess is in another castle!

Lew

Speaking of the current campaign.  Who could forget the Jerry Springer moment, when Irving left his wife for Nay-Nay.  Poor Irving lost at least a couple points of sanity.

Over all this campaign has been about the big picture.  It will be very interesting to see what happens over next ten sessions or so, with no guiding theme.
So many subplots

Dj

A personal one was when Nefid hit Thurmatu with a Power Word Stun to kidnap him to his own surprise party. But Thurmatu was so pissed off that he could be taken so easily he couldn't enjoy the party.

Dj

Quote from: Dj on May 04, 2008, 06:24:09 PM
I found Schiermier on Myspace about a year ago...we didn't friend request each other, but I can probably find his profile again.
http://www.myspace.com/marc17

Dj

Quote from: Cope on May 04, 2008, 10:18:16 PM
I don't think should leave out the current campaign - I feel that the whole resurrection and then the unexpected outcomes might affect a campaign in a larger way than any 1 decision has ever affected a campaign world. We just don't know yet..... 
Another interesting prognostication! Thanks for reminding me about this post, Lew!

Cope

Cope

I'm going to add the Matt scenario here. Not because it was fun or positive, but for the exact opposite reasons. I doubt that we would have made similar character decisions in the past.

Does that make sense?

Dj

Since the term here is "memorable" - I think Mat's resurrection and the impact on the campaign itself, the character's attitudes and game culture could be described as nothing less than memorable.

There have been situations of character strife in games past, but this one was unique. Everyone acted in accord with their character's will rather than the players' will, even to the demise of the campaign.

Lew

Back to the old days.  Darren will remember this and I can't believe one of us didn't already bring it up in the thread.  "A dark castle rises up from the ground at about a miles distance.  What do you do?"

"Ah, go the other way."

So began the yearly event for Stryper and Yagar.  I wasn't letting a perfectly good "module" be ignored.  I made them feel a little guilty the first time, but mentioning the carnage wrot by the castle's inhabitants on innocent locals and every year it popped up for them to attempt to defeat.  I think it took three tries. 
So many subplots