• Welcome to Pelicar Fantasy RPG Forum.

Can now add words to Forum's dictionary

Started by Head, Feb 10, 2008, 11:30:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Head

In the campaign tab, Forum Spelling, you can now add custom words to the Forum's dictionary.

:banana:

"Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing." - Robert Benchley
Twitter: @mrheadrick

Dj

Please be sparing with additions - such as Spiraman, and make sure our "campaign words" are spelled correctly. Let's not add Muldav, Moldav, Mouldav, Moldavv and Mulldev to the custom list. A custom dictionary does little good if every misspelled word gets added. Yes, this is for you, Lew...
Thank you Mario! But our Princess is in another castle!

Cope

We cannot banish dangers, but we can banish fears.  We must not demean life by standing in awe of death.

Fingers

I think they are D'jinn from Gengendale? :dizzy:
Verin? (Yes?) Recant huh? (Yes.) And that really means to dispute one's word? (For the last time, YES!) See I know'd ta be scared o dem lernin books! Einstein's ta blame, always pushin everbody ta be more 'n they are! (Ugh!) I know why LB came, but why'd you? (Times are, I ask that myself. Now eat!)

Lew

Genie is proper term of the Class.  Gen is the species name.  It is also the name the Odessan Genies have taken as a people.  Their home is Gengendale.  I don't believe D'jinn is ever mentioned in the books or on any post that should be considered an in game precedent or rule.
So many subplots

Lew

Test

Keld, keld, elf, Elf, equirda Equirda, Parn Silia parn silia

Interesting Keld, equirda, Parn, and Silia are on the list.  The spell check skipped elf, Elf, equirda and Equirda, but not the others.  Am I doing something wrong?
So many subplots

Head

Hrmmm.. probably a programming flaw somewhere.. I'll check it out when I get home.. speaking of which it's 6:00pm.. I'm outa here!
"Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing." - Robert Benchley

Head

Fixed.. it was doing a case sensitive comparison and the system converts the words in the post to all lowercase before checking which causes it not to make a match on the capitalized words in the custom list.  So, I made the existing words all lowercase and now convert words to lowercase before saving them to the file.

err something like that :)

Lew

So many subplots