• Welcome to Pelicar Fantasy RPG Forum.

Character Colors/Fonts Added!

Started by Head, Feb 09, 2008, 05:03:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Head

You'll now see a Forum Aides menu section of the Campaign Tab.  One of the options is Character Colors.  It's pretty self-explanatory.  You can add a new tag or modify an existing one.  There are provisions in the database table to mark a character as a PC or not and it also saves the username of the person who adds the tag.

I've left off the ability to change an actual tag name or the ability to delete the tag altogether once it's added since that would break any posts that used the old tag.

In the post editor, these will be in the "New:" Choose Character drop-down.

Buck: Buck says hello!

There might need to be more tweaking made to it but it's usable now.  :)  It's kind of on the honor system at the moment not to change someone's characters.  Any problems let me know!

"Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing." - Robert Benchley
Twitter: @mrheadrick

Dj

Fire Giant: "This is what I'm talkin about!"
Frost Giant: "No! I'm talking here!"
Sage: "What a fascinating display of aggression that is about to take place..."

If you can't fiery, ice-covered, and techno fonts in the above words - you don't have the proper fonts installed. Download them from the Campaign section.

The words above should look like this:
Thank you Mario! But our Princess is in another castle!

Head

I've combined them all into one file and put a link to it in the Character Colors part of the Campaign Tab.  :)
"Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing." - Robert Benchley

Dj

I wanted to add a "Foreigner" tag and use a font like "Wingdings" or something; however, I noticed the forum's font display doesn't support "symbol-based" fonts...or I guess it might be my browser.
:hmm:

Head

It's Firefox that's doing it.  IE shows the Wingdings font fine.

Go see this: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=581155&sid=51c7063adad69a6410cbfb3bd8bc5d7e

I made those changes to that fontEncoding.properties file and now I can see the Wingdings font in Firefox.  :)

After editing the file, you do need to restart Firefox.

Dj

Ok, nice to know, but not sure I want to change my defaults in the browser just to have a goofy rarely-used feature. But, thanks for the research. Of course, maybe only those with a "tongues" spell or language skills should use firefox, thus allowing them to read the message. LOL!

Cope

Einstein:einstein: This is a test of the forum character font system.......

Thaddius: This is a test of the forum character font system....

Bad font on Thaddius.....back to the drawing board....
We cannot banish dangers, but we can banish fears.  We must not demean life by standing in awe of death.

Cope

We cannot banish dangers, but we can banish fears.  We must not demean life by standing in awe of death.

Dj

Fingers

Verin? (Yes?) Recant huh? (Yes.) And that really means to dispute one's word? (For the last time, YES!) See I know'd ta be scared o dem lernin books! Einstein's ta blame, always pushin everbody ta be more 'n they are! (Ugh!) I know why LB came, but why'd you? (Times are, I ask that myself. Now eat!)

Cope

I changed Einstein to purple because the red and font was close to Orutuks.

Head

Here's Jessica's font.  Noticed I did not have it at home; although, the font it defaults to is ok as well LOL.