• Welcome to Pelicar Fantasy RPG Forum.

[Solved] Test post to see what's causing an error.

Started by Head, Jan 06, 2007, 12:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Head

This gives a mixture of family/culture/fate plus getting "fortune" skill slots from their upbringing.
"Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing." - Robert Benchley
Twitter: @mrheadrick

Head

This is a reply Dj wanted to post but for some reason was getting an error when doing so.   His post was triggering a security flag on the server which I am also getting..  :eh:  I'll be posting this paragraph by paragraph.

Here is my message:

I like Terry's idea of the number being tied to their upbringing/history/social status. Perhaps just adding a number of slots to the "Ancestral Skills" Table. Something like zero below Sailor, 1 at Leather Working to First Aid, 2 at Astrology to Sailing Command, 3 at Merchant and above. (If that is too many, the lower the "free selects", and give "Farmer" a free choice rather than Astrology...and other subtle mods to the chart) - Oh, I used the old chart - I think Lew has already modded it some.

This gives a mixture of family/culture/fate plus getting "fortune" skill slots from their upbringing. Sure, its a dice roll, but so are a lot of character determining factors. Is it fair? Well, so long as everyone gets to roll the dice... then I'd say it's fair.

Interesting question: I know most of Chapter One is now obsolete, but the money table allows for a beginning character to start with a minorly enchanted weapon. With no weapons being enchantable and very limited, will this simply equate to more money?
"Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing." - Robert Benchley

Head

That was it...  if it sees "select" and "from" in a post, modsecurity throws a 403 forbidden error.  I've added something to a config file to turn off modsecurity.  I'll just have to keep my eye open for hacking attempts on the board.. but since only registered users can post, should not be a problem turning it off.

Dj

SELECT Comments FROM [Users] WHERE [Users].[Intelligence] > 0

Wonder if that will work?
Thank you Mario! But our Princess is in another castle!