• Welcome to Pelicar Fantasy RPG Forum.

Spamage on the board and stuff

Started by Head, Nov 11, 2008, 04:05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Head

Think I got rid of all the threads and users and banned an IP address range most of them seemed to come from.  Also changed the registration to Admin approval.  Looks like there's also a an upgrade available which I will be working on installing.

:machine_gun: SPAM
"Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing." - Robert Benchley
Twitter: @mrheadrick

Head

I'll patch the board another day.. not going simply on my dev forum.  Anyway, now that new members have to be approved by me before they can even post, should stop all that from happening.

"Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing." - Robert Benchley

Head

Got the board patched to 1.1.7.   :banana:

Head

Due to the amount of bogus registrations... I have disabled new registrations for the time being.  Maybe they'll just all go away.   :shakefist:

Head

Head

I have re-enabled registrations to admin approval.  It looks like the offenders have moved along.

Head

That didn't take long.  Already got a registration from a spammer.  I banned the whole IP range allotted to the offender.  Out of the Ukraine.

Fingers

Actually, Head, that's just Terry messing with you when he goes to Europe! :o
Verin? (Yes?) Recant huh? (Yes.) And that really means to dispute one's word? (For the last time, YES!) See I know'd ta be scared o dem lernin books! Einstein's ta blame, always pushin everbody ta be more 'n they are! (Ugh!) I know why LB came, but why'd you? (Times are, I ask that myself. Now eat!)

Head

:banghead:

After 90 some odd registrations from IP addresses known to spam I've just disabled registrations again.  I think the only real people that would register on here would be someone that one of us knows.  In which case, just let me know who and I'll re-enable registrations long enough for them to get registered.