News:

Jul 6, 2023 - Forum patched to version 2.1.4 | RSS2.0 Feed

Pelicar Game Website

Main Menu

Greers

Started by Dj, Aug 18, 2008, 04:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dj

So, do you guys even have access to the store front right now?
Thank you Mario! But our Princess is in another castle!

Cope

We cannot banish dangers, but we can banish fears.  We must not demean life by standing in awe of death.

Dj

Chesapeake has ruined the street in front of them...

Lew

More or less.  It's a daily battle between the work crews trying to keep people away and folks moving them out of the way.  Most people are just coming across anyway and others park across the street and walk.  Some of our regulars have figured out that they can come around from behind and park in the field next to us.  The bad part about it is that they are still doing heavy contruction in the area.  Which means big trucks will be all over the new road tearing it right back up again.  Really it's not that big of deal except that every customer has to comment on it.  Of course, Dale is in a tizzy over it.  He's our resident conspiracy nut and champion of government / super corp injustices.  He's also a staunch republican which doesn't entirely jive, but what the heck.  He's really not much more than our village idiot.
So many subplots

Dj

Tell him that CHK already bought the building but Greers doesn't want to announce it yet. LOL!

Dj

Do you guys even have water over there today?

Lew

We did most of the day.  It took the city about five hours to figure out how to turn off the water, but that included a long lunch.  Since we were upstream we had some pressure during that time.
So many subplots

Lew

I am so fucking sick of every customer commenting on the road.  It is interesting the pet peeves you pick up.  I think if I walked into a convenience store to find an elephant in a tutu juggling live squid while whistling the national anthem, I'd just pay for my stuff and leave without saying a word.  Why, because I know that the poor cashier has heard nothing but people trying to make conversation about the elephant all day long.

So many subplots

Cope

So Lew.....how's the road in front of Greers?
We cannot banish dangers, but we can banish fears.  We must not demean life by standing in awe of death.

Dj

I'd probably have a date with the elephant...

Fingers

Hey Lew, I haven't been downstairs in the last couple of hours... how's the road out front?  ;D
Verin? (Yes?) Recant huh? (Yes.) And that really means to dispute one's word? (For the last time, YES!) See I know'd ta be scared o dem lernin books! Einstein's ta blame, always pushin everbody ta be more 'n they are! (Ugh!) I know why LB came, but why'd you? (Times are, I ask that myself. Now eat!)

Dj

Holy Shit - there's an elephant in the street in front of Greers!

Lew

I need some new friends.  The guys on the work crew generally aren't to busy, maybe I'll hang out with them tomarrow.
So many subplots

Lew

It's always seemed there have been an unusual number of breakdowns and accidents in front of Greers.  Now the road crew has stumbled into the Greer Triangle.  The really started to make visable progress again this morning until their road machine broke down about 9:30.  Now the road crews are sitting under a tree watching the repair crew try to get is moving again.
So many subplots