News:

Jul 6, 2023 - Forum patched to version 2.1.4 | RSS2.0 Feed

Pelicar Game Website

Main Menu

@%#^&@ Ice

Started by Head, Jan 17, 2007, 06:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Head

This ice is pissing me off.  Slicker than hell outside my apartment.. and it slopes downhill.  I was scootin along, and just slide right off the railroad-tie ledge (2-foot drop), and crashed into the fence below... 

:banghead:

I need some spikes er something.. damn..
"Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing." - Robert Benchley
Twitter: @mrheadrick

Cope

I fell today and busted my ass. I still hurt, so yeah I hate this damn stuff too....
We cannot banish dangers, but we can banish fears.  We must not demean life by standing in awe of death.

Head

Here's a tip for getting around on the ice...  saw it on TV and it actually works.  Get some old socks and cut the ribbed tube part off (or cut the foot part off, however you want to look at it).  Then, put the sock around your shoe at the balls of the foot.

Works great.. :woot: heel might slip around alot, but the front part will stick to the ice.  It's almost as if it slighty melts and then refreezes to the sock.

I guess if you had a really long calf-length sock then you could pull it on over past your heel.  I just have ankle-high socks though.  Suppose I could just cut the toe part out and leave the rest of the sock on.  Yep.. must remember that next time.
"Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing." - Robert Benchley
Twitter: @mrheadrick

Dusty

OOOhh fridays, everyone loves the message boards on fridays.....Any one got big plans for the weekend??
My future is so bright, I gotta wear sleeves....

Dj

Documenting my game system, writing some .NET code and masturbating...Does that count for big plans?
:banana:
Thank you Mario! But our Princess is in another castle!