News:

Jul 6, 2023 - Forum patched to version 2.1.4 | RSS2.0 Feed

Pelicar Game Website

Main Menu

Quotes from Sports Movies

Started by Cope, Apr 27, 2007, 10:04:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cope

These are on another topic.....Can you name the movies?

1. "Listen, Lupus, you didn't come into this life just to sit around on a dugout bench, did ya? Now get your ass out there and do the best you can."

2. "This is a simple game: You throw the ball, you hit the ball, you catch the ball."

3. "If you put your effort and concentration into playing to your potential, to be the best that you can be, I don't care what the scoreboard says. At the end of the game, in my book, we're gonna be winners."

4. "So we finish the 18th and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, 'Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know?' And he says, 'Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me, which is nice."

5.  "You guys. You lollygag the ball around the infield. You lollygag your way down to first. You lollygag in and out of the dugout. You know what that makes you? Larry!"
We cannot banish dangers, but we can banish fears.  We must not demean life by standing in awe of death.

Cope

Dusty guessed most of these.........

1. Bad News Bears
2. Bull Durham
3. Hoosiers
4. Caddyshack
5. Bull Durham
We cannot banish dangers, but we can banish fears.  We must not demean life by standing in awe of death.