News:

Jul 6, 2023 - Forum patched to version 2.1.4 | RSS2.0 Feed

Pelicar Game Website

Main Menu

Moving

Started by Lew, Jun 11, 2007, 04:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cope

Anyone here how Head's interview's went? Where is everyone anyway.
We cannot banish dangers, but we can banish fears.  We must not demean life by standing in awe of death.

Head

I don't know yet how the interview went.  On Tuesday I was at some mandatory meetings here in Stillwater at the Unemployment Office.  Wish I had gone through that workshop before applying and doing the interview with Dell... so I feel like I blew that one.  But, it was my first one in 14 years or something, learn and move on. 

Another department in Dell contacted me also and am waiting on the result's of Friday's interview before I contact this other department back to schedule something (they wanted me to wait for the results of this one first).

I did get a call from my IT headhunter guy today about a spot with Mid First Bank concerning a PC Technician position.. so something might evolve from that.

So... I'm in a holding pattern at the moment...  man I hate this looking for a job shit..  hope something materilzes soon as my apartment lease runs out July 31st.  I should probably just rent a storage space in Edmond and move all my crap there and stay with the folks until I find a job, if it goes beyond that.

Anyway, since I didn't help Dj or Lew move (sorry), I'm not even gonna ask when my time comes. 
"Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing." - Robert Benchley
Twitter: @mrheadrick

Lew

The move went very well.  The two guys we hired did a great job and took care of the heavy stuff.  There are still a few things over there but not much.  For those who feel bad about not helping, don't.  I did the math and another person would have saved about an hour.  It took seven to move.  Two more people probably wouldn't have saved more than another half an hour, because of the loss of efficiency.  I was certainly sick of going up and down stairs, but in the end no harm was done.

Head, when you move, ask for help.  If I'm free I'll be there.

The new place is very nice.  We've gone from a krappy little getto apartment to a very nice condo.  Yes, I miss the highway noise and the screaming kids, but I'll get over it.  It really hasn't been pool weather, but I haven't noticed many annoying kids.  I may do some swimming very soon.

So many subplots

Dj

It's pool weather today. I'm getting ready to take Rachel to the neighborhood pool here...now that we've returned from F4-Silver Surfer. The kid has it rough.
Thank you Mario! But our Princess is in another castle!