• Welcome to Pelicar Fantasy RPG Forum.

How is everyone holding up in the ice?

Started by Cope, Dec 13, 2007, 08:52:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cope

Tulsa looks like shit, but Stilly wasn't hit that hard comparatively........
We cannot banish dangers, but we can banish fears.  We must not demean life by standing in awe of death.

Stew

We've been without power for a few days now. Molly and Christopher went to stay with my mom out in Sayre yesterday and are doing much better there. I'll drive down to be with them tomorrow if we don't get road-killing snows out here.

I think it will probably be some time next week before my power comes back on...

S
You wanna know how to get Capone? They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. That's the *Chicago* way! And that's how you get Capone.

Dj

I got power back on Tuesday night. I had to sleep with Jeanette on Monday (yeah, I know).
Thank you Mario! But our Princess is in another castle!

Cope

We cannot banish dangers, but we can banish fears.  We must not demean life by standing in awe of death.

Dusty

DJ you dumb mother fudger..............What were you thinkin?

Naw just kiddin man, i know, warm hole-cold penis....
My future is so bright, I gotta wear sleeves....

Head

Other than making me 2.5 hours late to work on Monday due to chiseling my way into the truck and delaying my ability to get last week's paycheck due to the power being out in the building that Wegener is in, hasn't affected me as much.  Power never went out in my apartment amazingly.  Numerous trees around the apartment complex, work, and on the way to work have fallen, calling for some "dodge the fallen tree" driving.

Hope yah get power back soon, Stew.
"Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing." - Robert Benchley
Twitter: @mrheadrick

Cope

Head being late for work. I bet that has never happened before....

Head

Hasn't happened before at this job.  :)  I did call 30 minutes before I had to be at work that I was going to be late.
"Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing." - Robert Benchley
Twitter: @mrheadrick

Lew

Any port in a storm DJ?

We lost power at Greer around 9:30 Monday morning.  We actually closed, leaving around 11.  We got home and invited some of our friends over how had lost power.  They started arriving just in time for our power to go out.  Our fire place kept it warm though.  I'm going to have to stock up on some wood though.  Buying it by the bundle at 7/11 is a bit pricey.  We were down for about 26 hours at the house.

Went in Tuesday morning to work.  Kevin had a small crew come in, to take care of the few customers that came in.  One customer set us up with a generator around noon.  The phones were instantly ringing of the hook.  I worked harder Tuesday and Wednesday than I normally do.  Hmmm, not saying much lately. :zzz: We got power back at work Thursday about 3.  Yesterday morning was a pain in the ass trying to get things sorted out.  My desk wasn't one of the lucky ones that got power from the generator, so things became a mess in a hurry.

Anyway, things are back to normal now. 
So many subplots

Dj

Quote from: Lew on Dec 15, 2007, 09:29:20 PM
Any port in a storm DJ?
Let's just say that she didn't act like China.
Thank you Mario! But our Princess is in another castle!

Lew

So many subplots