News:

Jul 6, 2023 - Forum patched to version 2.1.4 | RSS2.0 Feed

Pelicar Game Website

Main Menu

Eagle Eye

Started by Dj, Oct 05, 2008, 11:20:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dj

Watched this yesterday. I recommend it. It is interesting, well-paced and reasonable believable with a small stretch in the tech-fiction (but it's Hollywood). It reminded me in many ways of Seven Days In May, but with more sci-fi and less politics. It's definitely worth the watch; however, I give it a B+; so waiting for DVD isn't a crime. What might make it have big-screen appeal is one of my down-grading points...overuse of explosives and unneeded action-effects to fill the screen in places - that plus the stretch in realism of the protagonist, but I over-looked most of the minor flaws.

Spoiler: I did wait, hoping for a final scene at the end of the credits, but nope. I was expecting on some unnamed computer screen, in tacky monochrome green 1980s-style CTR-lined letters to flash "Eagle Eye Online..."
Thank you Mario! But our Princess is in another castle!

Chuck

The original Seven Days in May with Burt Lancaster and Kirk Douglas was excellent.  The remake sucked.

Dj

The first was closer to the book and more in tune with the Cuban Missile crisis. The second tried to tie in more of a Ollie North Iran-Contra touch. I did still like the second one tho.

Eagle Eye is not as politically entrenched, and after others watch it - they may not see the connection I did because the political factors are not there. But the deception of the public for a strict-Constitutional reasoning is clearly in Eagle Eye...this is why it reminded me of the Movies.
Thank you Mario! But our Princess is in another castle!