News:

Jul 6, 2023 - Forum patched to version 2.1.4 | RSS2.0 Feed

Pelicar Game Website

Main Menu

Twilight

Started by Dj, Nov 23, 2008, 04:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dj

Quick critique - pretty good but not as amazing as many as it's being touted. Overall, I give it a B+. However, this may be due to my age and gender. I will say this is probably the first vampire movie targeting the teenage girl audience.

There are several "cool factors" to the story. I like the sunlight explanation - very subtle. Giving the vampires a bit of "mutantism" is fairly interesting too. Too bad no one has ever thought of that before. I wonder if the author rolled the extra powers on d100s or something. LMAO.

I need to check and see which was written first, UnderWorld or this series. It is quite clear this is headed towards a similar theme, just a different setting - more modern and romance, not quite so dark. Of course, there are four books of Twilight finished - so, I could read them to see where the story really goes.

Anyway - I do recommend it, even to our group of 40ish men. I think everyone in our group would find merit in it - even Dusty who's closer to the teenage girl than our age.  :P
Thank you Mario! But our Princess is in another castle!

Dusty

Quote from: Dj on Nov 23, 2008, 04:48:33 PM
- even Dusty who's closer to the teenage girl than our age.  :P

I know, i hate you bastards w/ your Senior movie prices and your AARP cards.....ha-ha-ha
My future is so bright, I gotta wear sleeves....

Dj

Come to IHOP with me sometime. I buy one meal and get the second one free.

Dusty

Yeah cool, then we can go to the park and feed some ducks. Then i guess we go to church or vote or something, followed up by a rousing speed walk around the buffet at Furrs, or Lubys... your pick...

My future is so bright, I gotta wear sleeves....

Dj

I love the "blue-hair" special!

Lew

Anybody for bridge    ;D  Oh wait, we do that anyway, how about some bingo.  Only 10 years to AARP eligibility.
So many subplots

Dj

Funny how "being retired" is not a requirement for AARP...