News:

Jul 6, 2023 - Forum patched to version 2.1.4 | RSS2.0 Feed

Pelicar Game Website

Main Menu

Board Games

Started by Cope, May 06, 2008, 02:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cope

Well we've talked books, movies, etc... So what board or card games are people's faves. For me:

Board games
Risk

Cards
Bridge
Hearts
We cannot banish dangers, but we can banish fears.  We must not demean life by standing in awe of death.

Lew

Risk is the Classic, how about

A line in the Sand
Axis and Allies
Fortress America

Cards?

Bridge
Oh, Hell
Red and Black :drink_toast:
Spades
So many subplots

Fingers

I like Risk as do all...

Talisman is one we used to play alot in the dorms (loved it) almost like a grown up fantasy version of Sorry!

Loved the old Buck Rogers game I used to have, it just took forever to play a game.

A couple favorites that my parents and I used to play were Acquire, The Boss & Boggle

Cards;  In this order
Spades
Pinocle(wish I remembered how to play)
Pitch (again wish I remembered how to play)
Bridge
Oh Hell
Hold Em
Red and Black  :drink_toast:
Up the river, down the river  :drink_beermug:

Verin? (Yes?) Recant huh? (Yes.) And that really means to dispute one's word? (For the last time, YES!) See I know'd ta be scared o dem lernin books! Einstein's ta blame, always pushin everbody ta be more 'n they are! (Ugh!) I know why LB came, but why'd you? (Times are, I ask that myself. Now eat!)

Dj

The only board game I have left is Sorry...which Rachel and I play fairly often.
Thank you Mario! But our Princess is in another castle!

Cope

I only played Axis and Allies twice......

Buck Rogers takes to long.....

Never played Line in the Sand or Fortress America.....
We cannot banish dangers, but we can banish fears.  We must not demean life by standing in awe of death.

Lew

I think much of my board game experience in college was tainted by the dynamics of Mark Mark and Robert being involved.  He was, and still is an expert gamesman, but MM wouldn't challenge him so it made for an odd non-agression pack that Robert was almost always able to take advantage of.
So many subplots

Cope

That's funny Lew. Me and Darren talked about that. It was always a team up against Robert or he would win game.......I like board games.

Chuck

Hey!  I have a copy of Greyhawk Wars.  It's up to six players (plays best with four or six).  It's actually a really fun game.  Would you guys be interested in playing Friday?

Lew

As long as Roberts not coming. ;D
So many subplots

Chuck

Yeah I remember that too.  I'll bring it and we'll play it by ear.  I kind of want to get drunk also haha.

Chuck

I only have about ten boardgames now.  I used to have over 100.  I sold them when I got divorced because my ex wanted them out of the house and I didn't have anywhere to keep them.  God, I kick myself for that now!

Chuck

At the time when I sold them beer and girls were more of a priority.  Still wish I had them.  I had some that are worth several hundred dollars a piece now.  Sucks!

Fingers

When I moved to Wichita I threw away my copies of the Buck Rogers game and the original version of the Dungeons and Dragons Board Game.  Have wished I had them back?
Verin? (Yes?) Recant huh? (Yes.) And that really means to dispute one's word? (For the last time, YES!) See I know'd ta be scared o dem lernin books! Einstein's ta blame, always pushin everbody ta be more 'n they are! (Ugh!) I know why LB came, but why'd you? (Times are, I ask that myself. Now eat!)

Dj

Quote from: Chuck on May 06, 2008, 08:15:25 PM
I kind of want to get drunk also haha.
Is there a board game of Quarters?
Thank you Mario! But our Princess is in another castle!

Fingers

Quote from: Dj on May 07, 2008, 12:06:34 AM
Quote from: Chuck on May 06, 2008, 08:15:25 PM
I kind of want to get drunk also haha.
Is there a board game of Quarters?

Beer Pong! Quarters of the 21st Century!   :badidea:  :barf-projectile: