News:

Jul 6, 2023 - Forum patched to version 2.1.4 | RSS2.0 Feed

Pelicar Game Website

Main Menu

Best movie of '08

Started by Lew, Dec 14, 2008, 08:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lew

Some of the big summer movies are on pay per view now, and it got me wondering what everyone's favorite movie of the year was.

I've got three nominations

Iron Man -  Very well done movie and Tony Stark is a great character.  Not all the usual conficted hero stuff.
Cloverfield -  A fun romp through Manhattan.  They way the story is told puts it on my list.

I loved both of these and many others, but my number one

Batman - Nobody to date has done a better job justifying the phycho bad guy.  This may be to super hero movies, what Die Hard was to action movies.   
So many subplots

Dj

Gotta concur on the Dark Knight - best film this year. I just rented it to watch it again. I love the multiple levels that the film operates on. It's a super-hero film; it's an action film with great special effects; it's a complex plot dramatic and psychological thriller; all the while being wrapped up in a philosophical masterpiece with fingers into classic literature. Obviously, I was very impressed.

Merits go to: Ironman and Twilight.

Best concept film (or worst film of the year but still worth watching): The Happening or InkHeart.

Correction: I said InkHeart, but I meant Eagle Eye. InkHeart hasn't been released yet. Of course, no one is reading this, so it probably doesn't matter.  :o
Thank you Mario! But our Princess is in another castle!

Head

I'll probably have to save my review til after Christmas as I might get a stash of movies I haven't seen yet, including the Dark Knight. 

Finally saw The Happening couple days ago.. was better than I was expecting (which wasn't much based on what I had heard about it).

Lot of movies this year I managed to miss watching.  Of the ones I've seen...  Iron Man is probably the top.
"Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing." - Robert Benchley
Twitter: @mrheadrick