Pelicar Game Website

Main Menu

Awful quiet around here...

Started by Chuck, Oct 08, 2008, 12:09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck

Where's everybody been at lately?

Dj

Well, the football/Holiday season puts us in a weird place where it's difficult to schedule sessions. This happened last year too. We end up taking a break from the campaign for about 4 months; it not intentional, but that seems to be how it happens.

This year I believe Lew had hoped that the board would allow to substitute for more of the session play, but the reality of not being about to schedule a session for months took the wind out of our sails again. And most get involved with something else during this downtime. I know Lew is addicted to a new online Space Game. Head hasn't been heard from in over a month - I assume he is playing EverCrack, but I also heard he may have had a medical issue with his foot or something. Terry is absorbed with football and more frequent trips to Europe. I'm sure the political arena plays some factor in this too.

We did play several months of urban actions solely on the board. But now the story evolved the need to "go on the trail" and no good method to handle that without a session. I have yet to finish the software I've been working on - due to that job thing. Without resolve that part of the storyline, we're stuck and can't move forward.

So...all of that means (I guess) that people frequent the board less during the current times. Either that or everyone has jumped out a window because their stocks crashed to no value...ok, wait, not in this group. LOL!
Thank you Mario! But our Princess is in another castle!

Lew

Good summery DJ.  Yes, I'm still alive and kicking ass in outer space.  As for the 401k?  When the market is down I don't look at it.  I'm at least 20 years away from needing it, so these short term problems are no big deal. . . . . . I hope.
So many subplots