News:

Jul 6, 2023 - Forum patched to version 2.1.4 | RSS2.0 Feed

Pelicar Game Website

Main Menu

Another book

Started by Cope, Mar 04, 2008, 11:13:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cope

I always buy a book to read while I am flying. This time I forgot and picked up one in the Chicago airport. It is titled A Fighter's heart and the author is Sam Sheridan. It follows him as he travels the globe training in MMA, tai chi, thai boxing, and boxing. Its not really about fights, but more about the mentality, anthropolgy, and sociology behind the spirit of a fighter. It is a pretty good read. I will have it if anyone wants to borrow it. You can read a summary on the book's myspace page and I think they have another website. Lew and DJ, I think both of you would love this book. And I think everyone else would enjoy it.
We cannot banish dangers, but we can banish fears.  We must not demean life by standing in awe of death.

Dj

Cool - I'll add it to my list. I currently have six WOT books sitting here begging me to read them.
Thank you Mario! But our Princess is in another castle!

Dj

Speaking of WOT...if we ever get tired of our rules, there is always The Wheel of Time RPG

Fingers

I'd be game if anyone else is?
Verin? (Yes?) Recant huh? (Yes.) And that really means to dispute one's word? (For the last time, YES!) See I know'd ta be scared o dem lernin books! Einstein's ta blame, always pushin everbody ta be more 'n they are! (Ugh!) I know why LB came, but why'd you? (Times are, I ask that myself. Now eat!)

Dj

Geez...I just checked out the price. Damn! $50 for an out-of-print gamebook? I think it's a Wizards of the Coast product. I'll check a couple of local game shops and see if its in stock there. WOW!

Dj

Ok...so, I just finished Eye of the World - and I don't want anyone to answer, but I feel compelled to ask: Is Thom really dead and is Rand the Dragon Reborn or is that just a smoke screen for something else?

Also, I loved that the silly little peddler man turned out to be the starting point of everything...sounds like something I would write. LOL!

Lew

So many subplots

Cope

We cannot banish dangers, but we can banish fears.  We must not demean life by standing in awe of death.

Dj

I'm on Chapter 10 of The Great Hunt. At least I know who Verin is now.

Cope

I need to re-read the series, but I will wait until the release of the new book is closer.

Cope

When reading these books, it makes me wonder.....how long would a CoT series be....or any of the other long term campaigns.

Jordan was pretty amazing because this was all in his head....

Dj

I just knew Thom wasn't dead...

Cope

Just for fun I looked for the RPG on ebay. They are pretty high there too, but I am leading on 1 for $20....

It ends tomorrow. Here is the item number 280222942120 if you like ebay....

Dj

Looks like jojothecoltsfan won the bid...

Lew

Quote from: Cope on Mar 27, 2008, 08:55:27 AM
When reading these books, it makes me wonder.....how long would a CoT series be....or any of the other long term campaigns.

Jordan was pretty amazing because this was all in his head....

CoT would be an odd series, because there was not a running plot.  Series like that have worked before though.  They would have to center around Markus, since he was the only stable character early on.  I'm trying to remember if he died before the end of the campaign.  I remember a dragon carried him off to sea, but can't remeber after that.  That would have been before the Cooper's I think.
So many subplots