News:

Jul 6, 2023 - Forum patched to version 2.1.4 | RSS2.0 Feed

Pelicar Game Website

Main Menu

Where oh where is that freakin' job?

Started by Snazle, Aug 16, 2007, 07:58:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snazle

Ok, so I have been looking for a job for a few days now because Hobby Lobby screwed me over...... ROYALLY. Here is the story if you wish to know. So, August 13, 2007 at 3:32 pm I clock out of the warehouse like I do every day. Well this time I turn around and my team leader's boss was there. His name is Lynn. He looked me in the eye and said, "Adam, Friday was your third day to be absent in your first 90 days. I'm gonna need you to hand me your ID cuz I'm letting you go." O.o .......
OK, the scoop is I have been absent twice: 1) called in sick with form of flu 2) called in sick with acute upper respiritory something that is very contagious. ..............
NO 3!!!!! ONLY 2!!! Aparently I was misinformed by a team leader Alvin that if I got at least 8 hours in a day I would be good. So, that day i go in at 5:00 shift, leave at 6:00, come back at 8:30 and clock out at 4:30. That is a 9 hour day. But apparently it counted as an absent.
But it's O.K. cuz I'm a lot calmer than I was when I left work.
So, news update:
It's 9:50 pm August 13, 2007 and I am getting prepared for my hunt for a job. I am planning to go to 3 different job agencies tommorrow and to stop by the mall to put in more applications. Wish me luck and good fortune.
When life hits you hard, you punvh it right back in the face. ^_^
Why do something difficult when you can get someone else to do it for you.

Cope

Good luck on the hunt. Finding a job is never fun.
We cannot banish dangers, but we can banish fears.  We must not demean life by standing in awe of death.

Dj

Yeah...Oklahoma is an "at will" state. There is no right to work. Political opinions aside - that's just what we all have to deal with. Lots of luck. I know how you feel - I've been there.
Thank you Mario! But our Princess is in another castle!

Lew

As a managerial type, it's nice to know we can fire someone without having a bunch of documentation and other krap.  On the other hand, it sounds like Hobby Lobby is a little crazy in what they expect from their employees.
So many subplots

Snazle

Ya, and one thing that bugs me too is that how much they "say" that they are a christian company and that they put their employees above everything else...... pfft. Thats total bull :cussing:

Lew

Maybe they figured the only reason you got sick is because you weren't praying hard enough. :worship:
So many subplots

Snazle

:eh: :loco: Well its all good now. Got a night shift job at Walmart at Belle Isle

Lew

So many subplots