News:

Jul 6, 2023 - Forum patched to version 2.1.4 | RSS2.0 Feed

Pelicar Game Website

Main Menu

10,000 B.C.

Started by Lew, Mar 08, 2008, 07:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lew

I took a walk over to Penn Square today and saw 10,000 BC.  It's not the movie of the year or anything, but very good none the less.  There's a little mysticism, but mostly it's a Hero Called to Duty movie.  It goes without saying anymore that the effects were good.  Short of making people look real, the effects can't get much better for high budget movies.  I don't remember what it's rated, but it's definitely safe for kids.  No gore, no bad language, or nudity.  Why did I like it?  Very cool as a case study for very ancient civilization.
So many subplots

Head

Saw this yesterday... pretty much agree with Lew's statements...  although, I didn't walk to AMC 24.. I drove.   ;D  This and a hunting expedition in the plane of Wal-Mart was why I wasn't on the board much yesterday.

"Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing." - Robert Benchley
Twitter: @mrheadrick

Dj

Just rented this last night with Rachel. I did enjoy it. It had some flaws. The CGI wasn't clean in spots, reminiscent of old 70's green screens. But all-in-all, it was a B+.

What it lacked was bad guys...the antagonist roles were nothing, not really even mean by the cultural standard. And the final mysticism of life-trade was out of place. It was too unbelievable from a realistic-side, and too powerful from the established mystic-side. It just didn't fit...but as Lew said, it was a good "case study" and ancient Hero film.
Thank you Mario! But our Princess is in another castle!