• Welcome to Pelicar Fantasy RPG Forum.

Server Maintenance/Upgrade to MySQL5 and PHP5

Started by Head, Apr 10, 2008, 09:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Head

Well, at least they sent a warning on this one.  Beginning April 26th at 11:59pm EST, they will be upgrading the server to MySQL version 5 and PHP5 as the default version of PHP.  I've been running everything on PHP5 for sometime so there shouldn't be any problems.  The keyword is shouldn't:)

"Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing." - Robert Benchley
Twitter: @mrheadrick

Head

Well, everything appears to be working fine.   :banana:
"Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing." - Robert Benchley

Dj

Please don't use the phrase "Server Maintenance" after the weekend I've just had.  ;D
Thank you Mario! But our Princess is in another castle!

Head

Looks like there's some residual issues...  they just had to correct some firewall issues that were affecting DNS.. and now email is down...  haha.. 

Head

Looks like one of the Unix admins is troubleshooting some items causing server loads... probably some unpredictable behavior for awhile.

Head

Looks like I uncovered something I'll need to fix.  Getting a SQL error when adding a smiley. 

:spartaaaa:

should edit it to say Parn Sillia or something instead.   ;D

Head

Okay, had to fix a couple lines of SQL that this version of MySQL doesn't work the same with.  No more error.  To get the same behavior as before they'd have to change the MySQL version.