• Welcome to Pelicar Fantasy RPG Forum.

Registration turned back on.

Started by Head, Jul 26, 2009, 05:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Head

Was able to check Finger's message just before battery died in phone LOL. I've turned registration back on for Travis.
"Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing." - Robert Benchley
Twitter: @mrheadrick

Head

5 minutes after turning it back on, the first spammer from the Ukraine has already registered.  LOL Geez

:machine_gun: :diespam:
"Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing." - Robert Benchley

Dj

I've added a simple captcha to my blog because of this - right now a "static" captcha word has been sufficient, FYI.
Thank you Mario! But our Princess is in another castle!

Head

This has always had a captcha and last night I set it to the hardest to read setting.  It also sends out an activation email that they have to click on.

I might try an additional method I use with the Guestbook on my main website which has managed to keep pretty much everything out, and it used to get around 100 failed attempts a day.

Head

I am guessing that Knight700 is him since it's from an Oklahoma Cox IP Address.  Has "Player" access now.

Dj

If it's still turned on, I may ask Kyle to register too. I've been sharing the ideas of the campaign with him. It'd be nice to not have to do that horridly difficult cut-n-paste to a different message and burdensomely click another send button. LOL! -ok, not a huge deal, but I'm gonna send him the registration page.

Dj

Freitag is Kyle - up him to player status please.

Head