• Welcome to Pelicar Fantasy RPG Forum.

Possible server move

Started by Head, Aug 10, 2007, 12:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Head

Due to some on going issues with the server since Aug 4th, there is a possibility that my account and all the websites will be moved to a new server.  The problem does not manifest itself here on the forum, but on my website and other things where the server needs to reach out and grab contents from other sites, such as RSS news feeds, random gallery images, etc.  Seems to be a local intranet DNS issue, which I am not entirely convinced that moving it to a new server would solve but we'll see.  If nothing else, should be less yahoos using the new server.. it's a "customer service server".

If and when this happens, there may be some down time, forum not working, etc.  Hopefully things don't break that weren't broke.

"Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing." - Robert Benchley
Twitter: @mrheadrick

Head

Looks like the problem with the server has been solved.  :banana:  Well.. I hope anyway.

QuoteHello,

The issue is fixed. The problem was due to the resolver configuration having invalid entries. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. The total execution time is less than a second. Let us know if you have further issues.

Please verify the attached snapshot.

Raman,
Unix Administrator
SurpassHosting.com

"Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing." - Robert Benchley

Lew

Better be careful Raman could be a follower of Emeral. :suspicious:
So many subplots

Head

Everyone probably calls him Noodles...

Looks like that problem is cured.  No repeat of those symptoms.   :clap: