• Welcome to Pelicar Fantasy RPG Forum.

Culling the boards

Started by Lew, Apr 24, 2007, 04:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lew

I would hate to loose all the pointless banter.  At the same time it would be nice to be able to find something without scrolling through pages of movie quotes and such.  Dusty tried to start a goof free strand and it only lasted a day.  I've gone back and reposted things to try to keep a thread on target.  I really don't have a solution.  I don't want to try to put some restrictions on board use, that would be far to draconian.  If anyone has any thoughts chime in, if not . . . well it's probably not that big of deal.
So many subplots

Dusty

I tink the general discussion board should be used more...Buts its hard not to drop in the occasional funny quote in .. believe me its like 190 of all my posts......
My future is so bright, I gotta wear sleeves....

Head

Well.. only self discipline to stay on topic will keep it from happening..  at least I can suck out off topic posts in a thread and make another out of it..  just did that with the Family Status thread..  suppose I could give Lew moderator ability over the rules and campaign boards...

"Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing." - Robert Benchley
Twitter: @mrheadrick

Dj

Quote from: Head on Apr 24, 2007, 06:32:15 PM
Well.. only self discipline to stay on topic will keep it from happening...
I guess we're fucked.
Thank you Mario! But our Princess is in another castle!

Cope

Actually, the easiest thing to do is:

Make the off-topic humor posts and then delete them the next day. Everyone can delete their own posts........We are all on here about everyday, so an off-topic post doesn't need to stay on here forever. (Unless, its a classic.)
We cannot banish dangers, but we can banish fears.  We must not demean life by standing in awe of death.

Dj

I think we may be making a big deal out of something small. Perhaps an occasional reposting of the last serious topic comment placed as the most current comment would suffice. Deleting simply will not happen, then you get comments on comments left behind that make no sense.

For example...
Quote from: Lew on Apr 24, 2007, 04:45:05 PM
I would hate to loose all the pointless banter.  At the same time it would be nice to be able to find something without scrolling through pages of movie quotes and such.  Dusty tried to start a goof free strand and it only lasted a day.  I've gone back and reposted things to try to keep a thread on target.  I really don't have a solution.  I don't want to try to put some restrictions on board use, that would be far to draconian.  If anyone has any thoughts chime in, if not . . . well it's probably not that big of deal.

Cope

Good point. I have thought about deleting some of my frivilous posts.
We cannot banish dangers, but we can banish fears.  We must not demean life by standing in awe of death.

Dj

Does deleting lower your total number? That would answer whether people would even do it...since that's an important thing and all.

Fingers

DJ try deleting about 200 posts and we'll see? ;D
Verin? (Yes?) Recant huh? (Yes.) And that really means to dispute one's word? (For the last time, YES!) See I know'd ta be scared o dem lernin books! Einstein's ta blame, always pushin everbody ta be more 'n they are! (Ugh!) I know why LB came, but why'd you? (Times are, I ask that myself. Now eat!)

Cope

Deleting posts does lower your number. I ran a test........I posted and deleted this post twice.

Lew

I tried that the other day.  That's why I didn't persue things.  I know the post race is on.
So many subplots