• Welcome to Pelicar Fantasy RPG Forum.

Bug with the smiley popup Window.

Started by Head, Sep 18, 2006, 05:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Head

I just wonder if anyone else gets this like I do:

While typing a post, if I click on my "more" smileys link..  the popup window will come up the first time and I can insert my smiley of choice.  I close the Window.   Then when I try to click on "more" again nothing happens and the following script error is generated.  The error is as follows:

Line:503
Char:7
Code:0
Error:Permission denied
URL:http://www.pelicar.info/forum/index.php?action=post;topic=17.0;num_replies=1

Also, when the Window does popup, the following script error occurs:

Line:10
Char:114
Code:0
Error:Unterminated string constant
URL:http://www.pelicar.info/forum/index.php?action=post;topic=2.0;num_replies=7

You can see these errors usually by clicking on the script error icon in the bottom-left corner of the browser window.  The URL will be different depending on what topic you are looking at.  Anyway, currently looking into it on their forum.  I think I found the section of code that handles this business...    :hmm:

"Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing." - Robert Benchley
Twitter: @mrheadrick

Head

I fixed the 2nd error.  The unterminated string.  Had to do with moving the "Undecided" smiley to the popup window.  It was treating the "\" in ":-\" and an escape character within the context of the popup window.  I changed it to ":und:" instead.  Anyway, Dj probably only one it might mean anything to LOL.

The permission denied one is a browser/shell issue as it does not happen with IE6.  I use Maxthon as my browser which allows for Tabbed Browser.

So... just ignore all of it.  :)

"Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing." - Robert Benchley

Dj

Just FYI, it seems to work fine with Firefox too.  :clap:
Thank you Mario! But our Princess is in another castle!

Head

Yeah, it works fine here at home with Maxthon.. it's something at work.  I think it's McAfee's Scriptscan or some odd setting at work.  Thanks for letting me know it works with Firefox.    ;D

Head

Bah humbug.. it started happening at home now.  IE7 works fine though. 

But I have learned that I can just keep the more smiley window always open and it will work with any post I am entering on here.  Save server bandwidth..  :)

Head

I modified the code in the source file that handles the display of the post interface.  See if it fixes my smiley popup error.   :head_bangin:  Ok.. here we go...   :guitar_player:

Cool..  no error and window will come back up.  :)
* MarkRH jams to Paul Oakenfold, No Compromise