• Welcome to Pelicar Fantasy RPG Forum.

Document List added to Campaign Tab

Started by Head, Jul 30, 2007, 10:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Head

A View Documents menu item has been added to the Campaign tab.  It's the exact same contents of the directory on the campaign website. 

Must say, a tad more convenient having them here.  Next thing will probably be the training tools.

Really need to add a document upload form that Lew/Darren can use.
"Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing." - Robert Benchley
Twitter: @mrheadrick

Head

I have now added an add documents form to the Documents menu.  As it stands, while you can upload anything, the view documents part will only show .doc and .zip files.  Also, for a .pdf version of something to show, the .doc or .zip version of it must also be present.

Any suggestions let me know!  :)
"Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing." - Robert Benchley

Head

Due to a .htaccess redirection, you could not actually download any of the documents..  this has been corrected.

Head

You can now upload .xls files and have them show up in the documents list.

Dj

Quote from: Head on Aug 07, 2007, 02:12:10 PM
Due to a .htaccess redirection, you could not actually download any of the documents..  this has been corrected.
Hmmm...I wonder how I did it then?
Thank you Mario! But our Princess is in another castle!

Head

It depended on when you tried.  Initially, I had them in /documents (which worked) and then I moved them into /campaign/documents so I could put other files into the /campaign folder that went with the campaign stuff. 

I had a redirection of
Redirect /campaign http://campaign.pelicar.info
in my topmost .htaccess file which would make url's like markheadrick.com/campaign/blah... get redirected to the correct place.  Well, as it turns out.. that also caused forum.pelicar.info/campaign/documents/Zyblich.doc to be redirected to campaign.pelicar.info/documents/Zyblich.doc which does not exist.  The other documents still do exist in that directory, which is why those worked.  I caught it because I was trying to get the Zyblich.doc which I guess would have been the only one you couldn't download at the time.

Anyway, I moved that redirection into the /campaign folder itself which still catches markheadrick.com/campaign urls.

markheadrick.com = /public_html/    (redirection was here)
pelicar.info = /public_html/pelicar/
campaign.pelicar.info = /public_html/campaign/  (redirection is now here)
forum.pelicar.info = /public_html/forum/
forum.pelicar.info/campaign/documents = /public_html/forum/campaign/documents

:blahblah:

Lew

Irving: You try the Campaign/infrastructure/Jossie'splace.info.org it's very tasty
So many subplots