• Welcome to Pelicar Fantasy RPG Forum.

Time limit to submit a post..

Started by Head, Jan 04, 2007, 02:56:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Head

Currently the board will timeout a session after 2,880 seconds or 48 minutes of no activity.  So, if you take that long to construct a post or reply, it is possible you might loose what you type.  So, when in doubt, just copy everything you typed to the clipboard prior to hiting submit.  If it's lost, then you just need to paste it back in a new post/reply and re-submit.

Course, guess I could make the timeout longer.  Anyway, I hate it when that happens...  some places will timeout after 5 minutes or something crazy.

"Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing." - Robert Benchley
Twitter: @mrheadrick

Cope

I think 48 minutes is plenty. If you are writing a lengthy reply, do it in Word and paste it onto the board.
We cannot banish dangers, but we can banish fears.  We must not demean life by standing in awe of death.

Dj

If you "preview" do that reset the 48-minute counter?
Thank you Mario! But our Princess is in another castle!

Head

If you do anything it resets it... since it hits the server when you do a preview.
"Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing." - Robert Benchley

Dj

So, the solution is preview or spell check regularly. Right?   :monkey:
Thank you Mario! But our Princess is in another castle!

Head

Or, even re-opening the more smiley window I would suspect.   ;D