Jul 6, 2023 - Forum patched to version 2.1.4 | RSS2.0 Feed

Pelicar Game Website

Main Menu

Latest I.E.

Started by Dj, Oct 06, 2010, 06:31:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dj

Head,

I've noticed that the latest version of I.E. (I think it's 8, but I'll double check) that I have on my work laptop doesn't seem to support the "glow" feature for fonts. Also it acts weird in the posting textarea field, jumping the focus around. I'd suspect a javascript, but everything works fine in firefox. Didn't know if it was a recent patch or some plug-in on my machine, but thought I'd mention it.
Thank you Mario! But our Princess is in another castle!

Cope

I have had IE 8 for awhile on my work computer and the text area field is a pain in the ass. but I don't post that often.
We cannot banish dangers, but we can banish fears.  We must not demean life by standing in awe of death.

Dj

Whenever I post from my work laptop (usually only from home or traveling), I end up writing my post in Textpad and pasting it in.

Lew

I always right in word, then cut and paste.  When my post gets longer than the box it doesn't scroll right.  It doesn't make much difference for the story line posts.  I've keep Paden's story in word format anyway.  It's only a headache when I want to shoot a quick response to someone and it grows bigger than expected.
So many subplots

Dj

If you're writing in Word, then turn on Grammar and Spell check.  ;D

Lew

I don't no who I survived with out it. 
So many subplots

Cope

HAHAHA. That's funny Lew. Actually your spelling is really good.
We cannot banish dangers, but we can banish fears.  We must not demean life by standing in awe of death.

Head

Hmm.. I have IE8 on here but I rarely use it. I seem to remember from way back that either FF or IE didn't even support the Glow thing. I'll dork around with it.. if you can link to a really bad post that causes the problems that would be cool.

Some Glow text

Einstein: Some more glow text
"Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing." - Robert Benchley
Twitter: @mrheadrick

Head

Oh I think I actually disabled the Glow tag completely because it was non-standard and only worked in one of the browsers.  When looking at the page source, the tag isn't there.  Do I even remember where I made that change? LOL.

I do notice the cursor in IE8 really blinking a lot. Could be the JavaScript or the smiley animations.  Hmmm..
"Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing." - Robert Benchley

Head

Ohhh.. If I stick IE8 into Compatibility Viewing, so non-standard stuff that worked only in IE7 will appear ( Tools -> Compatibility View ) then the Glow effect will appear in IE8.

Might try that out for writing posts as well. The cursor still blinks a lot. Don't seem to have any problems writing this though.

Dj

The cursor positioning issue doesn't occur until over roughly 1000 characters. I should have included that detail. Sorry.

Oh. nevermind - I see you discovered that on the other thread.