• Welcome to Pelicar Fantasy RPG Forum.

Forum patched to version 1.1.3

Started by Head, Jun 25, 2007, 04:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Head

Forum has been patched to version 1.1.3:

Simple Machines is proud to announce the release of SMF 1.1.3.

In this release, a few small security issues have been addressed. Also, a few bugs that were found have been fixed.

We urge all users to upgrade to SMF 1.1.3 as soon as possible to take advantage of these fixes. A summary of the fixes is as follows:

• Sending newsletters could cause a timeout on large boards.
  • Reporting a personal message needed some more sanitation.
  • Session fixation could, in rare cases, be applied - reported by David Vieira-Kurz.
  • Prevent recursive functions from causing a stack overflow in PHP - reported by Stefan Esser.
  • Fixed a bug causing some expressions to trigger an error in UTF-8 mode.
  • Quick edit wasn't updating the subject correctly if it was the first message.
  • The package manager could in rare cases get itself into a loop.
  • Characters weren't properly escaped in [html] parts of the signature
  • Quick edit didn't check whether a topic was being locked

:clap:

"Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing." - Robert Benchley
Twitter: @mrheadrick

Dj

I was wondering what happened today...board was down quite a bit. Or at least I picked the wrong times every time all day. LOL!
Thank you Mario! But our Princess is in another castle!

Head

Apparently something happened to the server...  the forum sent me an email that it couldn't connect to the database (email was sent at 6:15pm today) and it looks like the server was rebooted about 8 hours ago as the uptime went from 300+ days to (as of now) 8 hours and 17 minutes. 

It only took me about 30 seconds to patch the forum.. so it had nothing to do with that.   :hmm:
"Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing." - Robert Benchley
Twitter: @mrheadrick