• Welcome to Pelicar Fantasy RPG Forum.

Converting board to 2.0

Started by Head, Jun 24, 2011, 01:15:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Head

Well, I was going to run the upgrader now, but think I'll hold of until tomorrow sometime.

I'm going to leave the board in maintenance mode for now.
"Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing." - Robert Benchley
Twitter: @mrheadrick

Head

Well, the board has been converted to 2.0 and it still works with all the posts and user intact!  :banana:

Now, I'm in the process of making a Pelicar theme based off the new default 2.0 theme. The old Pelicar theme sort of works but it's all jacked up in a few areas LOL. I'm going to go ahead and take the board out of maintenance mode so you can look around.
"Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing." - Robert Benchley

Head

Head

Well if you actually log in now, you'll see a Campaign menu item. Everything in there works now; however, the appearance of some things needs to be worked on but it's all CSS stuff.

The custom character tags also work with a post now: Buck: This is buck However, because of how the post editor has changed, I haven't got the drop-down boxes added back into the editor yet.

Other than that the other big thing is the private messaging area where you can tell if a message has been read. That hasn't been added back in yet.

Head

Ok, I've got the custom character color drop-down added back into the post editor. It only works correctly when the editor is in code view. If you toggle the editor into WYSIWIG view (blue arrow in brackets at end of 2nd row) it will show the text in the correct color. When you flip back to code view, it will have replaced the character tag with the actual BBC tags.

Getting there...  :banana:

Head

I have now got the private message Received yes/no functionality added back in.  Hmmm.. this thing might be ready to flip over to production.

:monkey:

Cope

We cannot banish dangers, but we can banish fears.  We must not demean life by standing in awe of death.